Thursday, February 6, 2014

Safari or Zoo Animal Baby Shower

My family has a lot of BIG events coming in 2014.  One of which, we are expecting our first grandbaby!  I had the privilege of throwing my daughter-in-law a baby shower for our side of the family.  My son and DIL do not want to know the sex of the baby so I had to find a unisex theme.  I turned to Pinterest for my inspiration.

The invitation:






I wanted my shower decorations to serve as pages in a scrapbook for my DIL.  I created a door hanger that will serve as the title page in the scrapbook.





The banner:





The cake:





I used the following cartridges:  New Arrival (giraffe, elephant, monkey and "Baby Shower"), Create A Critter (lion, zebra), Nursery Rhymes (font) Art Philosophy (border used for giraffe mane), Don Juan (leaves), and Elegant Edges (heart frame).  Using Cricut Craft Room I created new faces for the monkey and lion using shapes from George Basic Shapes.  All images were drawn first using Cricut markers.  Faces were hand drawn.

I also made my first diaper cake.  Well it wasn't actually a cake.






The centerpiece was a flower arrangement from Costco and a musical toy for the baby from their registry.



Games:  Animal ABCs - Write an animal for each letter of the alphabet.
               Name that Animal Baby - Fill in the name of each animal baby
               Rhyme Time - Decipher the hint and name the rhyme


We had such a lovely time and it was so fun oohing and aahing at all the sweet baby things.


No comments:

Post a Comment